This is the first year I have planted a garden in our back yard. I am most excited about the sweet corn. I have been watching it grow and just begin to tassel. I came across this article, “How to Grow Sweet Corn” and really liked it.
Check out these 5 Tips for growing Sweet Corn!
- Sweet corn grows best when the temperature is between 65 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sweet corn grows best in soil with a pH of 5.8 to 6.8
- Sweet corn requires 60 to 75 days for harvesting. (Currently we are are at 40 days and holding)
- Avoid overhead watering!! (I thought this was an interesting comment. I really did not think about this)
- Harvesting comes about 20 days after silk appears. (Hoping to see that silk any day now)
Picture Melissa Sanders