Often times, there are odors coming from a musty room or some mold growing on a scrap of moist food. Typically, we combat the issue with a commercial air freshener product, but often these products create a synthetic smell and we are learning that in some cases they may not be all that healthy.
I came across this article, “Free, Natural Air Fresheners” which lists 10 natural ways.
- Used dryer sheets – good for removing odor from shoes
- Stuff wet sneakers with old newspapers to help deodorize
- Use lemon drops or lime rinds in the disposal and run it for a minute
- Create potpourri from old petals
- Use old coffee grounds to remove unpleasant smells from the fridge.
- Use dry teal eaves to combat a cat’s stinky litter box
- Add wood ash to your compost bin to keep it from smelling too bad
- Boil lemon peels in water and add the hot mixture in an bowl and place it in the microwave oven and close the door.
- Let the sun in the house to warm it up and combbat odor causing bacteria.
- Bake Cookies – My favorite.
Just some ideas for some healthy smells around your house.
Picture Charles Williams